Monday, October 17, 2016

Barry Bell
Journal 3
Reading this article was very interesting to see what people think about having social media implement in class. I agree with the article on how social media is dangerous for both students and teachers. The reason I think that because both the professor and students can’t really respond how they want to respond to the topic. The professors and students will always have to show code of ethic if they using social media because they might say something that offend someone. The only social media I think will work for class is Twitter. The reason why I think Twitter will work, because you can use hashtags where anybody can use that hashtag. Taking this route, I think it will make it an open discuss to all. In a previous class I use a hashtag for Twitter for class and people across the world was talking about the same topic and using the same hashtag as us. With all this said I still don’t think this should be a mandatory thing. Like in the article people will like to have they their personal social life different from their school life.
1.Is social media that impactful in our society where teachers should implement it in our classroom?
I think social media is a big part of our society; but I don’t think it’s coming to a point where teachers have to implement in his/her classroom. A thing I do think teachers should do is use more social media articles to talk about some of the topics in today’s society. 
2.Is there really a benefit with social media being implement in class?

-In my opinion, I don’t think there is a benefit of having social media implement in class. The reason I say that is because if you really want to ask a teacher about their opinion on a topic I feel like you can ask them through email or in class.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that there are challenges with utilizing social media in the classroom. Certainly, when there is more interaction with peers than with educators, one wonders if educators are expendable. Time will tell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the fact that media does not need to be added to curriculum because it is great to be balanced in all aspects. It is beneficial to be able to read newspapers, learn how to create hand written material. Imagine if all electricity was taken away? Although not happening any time soon. I think that the world would not know what to do.

    ReplyDelete